About the Job
Project Support Officer
- Business Area
- Support Functions
- AL10 Hatfield
- Hours Per Week
- Employment Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Salary (£)
- Pay Period
Project Support Officer Permanent Hatfield
The role of Project Support Officer (PSO) is responsible for supporting either Heads of Transformation (HoTs) within the Operations Portfolio Office and their Project Manager/s to work across Programmes/Portfolios and or a Project.
Key areas of the role are to provide:
Consolidated reporting and provide an impartial view of the portfolio/programme/project.
To design and deliver, monitor and control key areas of the project management methodology making sure that the programme/project is compliant with Yodel Operations Portfolio Office quality management standards.
Support Heads of Transformation in the execution of projects, with a sense of co-creation and a practical application of governance and ensuring the outputs at each stage of the delivery are achieved
Establish appropriate planning and what if tools to carry out the project
Project Support Office Responsibilities:
- Project performance management
- Track and report on progress against rolled up programme/portfolio plan
- Track and report against programme/portfolio high level risks and issues
- Track and report high-level reporting road maps for the programme/portfolio
- Provide and report a central view of the programme/portfolio information on key committees and project boards.
- Identification and management of key interfaces between constituent projects and between managers own projects and other concurrent projects
- Monitoring of progress of individual projects; progress, deliverables, benefits realisation, impacts, project critical interface identification and management of project issues
Registration of projects to deliver benefits contributing to business outcomes; early delivery of benefits.
Project Support Officer Skills & Experience:
Good strong working knowledge of project/programme management methodology
Knowledge of project constraints
Commitment to what the business is trying to achieve Knowledgeable of the tensions between project management standards and practical application without compromising delivery or incurring risk