About the Job
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt - Process Engineer
- Business Area
- Support Functions
- AL10 Hatfield
- Hours Per Week
- Employment Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Salary (£)
- Pay Period
Black Belt Process Engineer
Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits.
Yodel delivers 155 million parcels a year, generating revenues in excess of £400m. We’re a big business with ambitious plans to transform and become even bigger. We have an exciting opportunity for a for a newly qualified or aspiring Lean Six Sigma Black Belt with expertise in time study to join our Hatfield sort and transport hub. As the Black Belt Process Engineer your main purpose will be to drive the Yodel Continuous Improvement strategy through project execution.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Applying time study skills, Lean Six Sigma tools and change leadership skills to drive Lean improvement activities.
- Driving black belt projects within the Sort and Transport network
- Supporting CI colleague engagement
- Deploying continuous improvement tools on site to complete at least 2 projects per year to deliver in excess of £200K of annualised financial benefit.
- Partnering with operational areas to deliver financial targets for individual sites
- Supporting other areas of the business with the deployment of continuous improvement throughout the organisation.
What you’ll need to show us:
- Expert knowledge in lean tools, deployment of 5S, Kaizen, Visual management and Gemba
- A clear understanding on how a warehouse/production operations work
- Project management skills and the focus on delivering to deadlines
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma project delivery and certified to Black Belt level.
- Work Study/Industrial Engineering experience with a current (MTM) rating card.
- Previous experience working in a dynamic multi-site organisation
- Ability to influence across all levels of the organisation
If you are ambitious, open minded, thrive on challenges and enjoy working together as part of a team, we want you to be part of the Yodel story!