About the Job
- Business Area
- Support Functions
- IT Development
- L3 Liverpool
- Hours Per Week
- Employment Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Salary (£)
- Pay Period
As the OBIEE Developer you will be joining an exciting programme of work replacing current core IT applications and legacy reporting tools with a new purpose built solution .The OBIEE Developer will be involved in the delivery of the new Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse platform. This will be in addition to the integration with Yodels current legacy applications, both internal and 3rd Party. You will work closely with teams within the IT function and across the business to ensure system capability and requirements meet expectations.
OBIEE Developer responsibilities:
- Perform analysis, development within OBIEE to support strategic projects undertaken by Business Intelligence.
- Delivery of new functionality/systems and maintenance of existing systems, from design through to implementation and post implementation support.
- Take accountability for technical design, build and test activity.
- Demonstrate a sound practical knowledge of OBIEE and utilise a structured approach to data analysis queries and problem solving.
- Database Design and Data Modelling
- Work in both an Agile & Waterfall manner as required by the project.
- Work with 3rd party and internal development teams, to ensure requirements and design are realised consistently and accurately.
- Work closely with the business and wider project team to ensure changes match requirements/expectations.
- Providing coaching and mentoring to less experienced developers
- Provision of Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management
- Working on a rota basis to provide out of hours support.
OBIEE Developer Skills & Experience:
- Proven track record in building and delivering OBIEE applications
- Excellent knowledge of OBIEE 12c at all levels, including BI Publisher.
- Creation of Reports/Dashboards using Answers ? creating of various reporting views, complex filters and dashboard prompts.
- Performance tuning of OBIEE reports and dashboards.
- Deep understanding of Oracle BI security model, cache management and experience of handling data quality control and reporting mechanisms.
- Understanding of big data and BI best practice, tools, and understanding of latest industry techniques.
- Knowledge of both Agile and Waterfall development methodologies.
If you are ambitious, open minded, thrive on challenges and enjoy working together as part of a team, we want you to be part of the Yodel story! This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic award winning IT team. Please click on the link to apply.