About the Job
Software Solutions Designer
- Business Area
- Support Functions
- IT Development
- Hours Per Week
- Employment Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Salary (£)
- Pay Period
Software Solutions Designer – Permanent - Liverpool
Here at Yodel we have an exciting opportunity for a Software Solutions designer to join the organisation on a contract basis. As Software Solutions Designer you will be the point of contact in the development squads for understanding the context of the change being requested. It is therefore important that you are driven to get a detailed understanding of the business processes and the systems that support these.
Software Solutions Designer Role and Responsibilities
• Be driven to get a detailed understanding of the business processes and the systems that support these in order to become a point of contact in the development squads for understanding the context of the change being requested.
• Outline development roadmap vision, working with business stakeholders and Enterprise Architect in defining the scope of change that is being requested for Yodel IT systems.
• Manage and run a series of user story mapping workshops with stakeholders at various levels of the business.
• Be innovative with ideas and research recommendations for defining the short and long term vision for Yodels IT software estate.
• Work with the Head of Functional design and the business to manage the squad backlogs, by prioritising stories and managing a number of dependencies across the squads.
• Writing user stories to a definition of ready for development.
• Perform peer reviews of user stories written by other analysts.
• Prioritise bugs and observations in the squad backlog.
• Sign off the development of user stories on behalf of stakeholders where applicable.
• Arrange demonstrations of user stories with business stakeholders where applicable.
• Attend scrum meetings and assist development with understanding context of the stories.
• Accountability for the delivery of software solutions worked through with the business ensuring their requirements are being delivered by the development squads.
• Work with technical teams to collaboratively define the Software Solution Design for projects being delivered by the squad.
• Take ownership of the Software Solution Design documentation within a squad and manage the updates of this until the functionality is released to production.
• Communicate the software solution design to the Solution Design team ensuring any decisions on technologies are documented and progressed with the relevant parties.
• Working with other areas of the IT department to identify dependencies and manage these throughout a sprint.
• Build key working relationships with stakeholders in the business and working with them through the delivery of solutions and management of their expectations.
• Be point of contact with business stakeholders.
• Perform release planning, working with the Head of Application Solution Design to define the development roadmap.
• Work with the UX team to define user journeys for our products and shape the UX process.
Software Solutions Designer Skills & Experience
• Agile methodologies
• Agile Project Management Software (Jira, Target Process)
• Microservice architecture
• Event Sourcing architecture
• Database technologies (incl My SQL and Mongo DB)
• Event streaming technologies (Kafka)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (especially PowerPoint and Visio)
• RESTful APIs
Desirable Skills & Experience:
• Requirement gathering techniques
• Workshop facilitation
• Enthusiastic and self-driven
• Strong communication skills, verbally and in documentation/presentation
• Experience of working on complex software focused change projects
• An ability to understand technical and functional extent of customer requirements