About the Job
Operations Bridge Analyst
- Business Area
- Support Functions
- IT Service and Operations
- L3 Liverpool
- Hours Per Week
- Employment Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Salary (£)
- Pay Period
Operations Bridge Analyst
Albert Dock Liverpool
Competitive Salary + Excellent Pension Scheme, Private Medical Insurance & Enhanced Benefits
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for individuals looking to further their career with Yodel. We are currently looking to recruit an Operations Bridge Analyst to join our existing team in our IT department Service and Operations Department located in the Albert Dock, Liverpool.
As the operations Bridge Analyst your main responsibilities will be to monitor all aspects of the Yodel IT estate on a 24/7 basis. This is a hybrid role that involves Service Desk, Major Incident Management, Infrastructure and Applications Management. The Operations Bridge Analyst will analyse and troubleshoot any issues that arise before deciding the best course of action. This role involves working varied 24/7 Shift Patterns.
• To manage the end to end Service Monitoring & Control for Yodel using applications such as Solarwinds
• To act as 2nd line support/Applications Maintenance for Yodel Systems, such as MARS & Sabre
• Manage the end to end Yodel batch schedule. Including investigating & re-running failed batch jobs
• To log all relevant Incident and Request details and allocate categorisation and prioritisation codes in order to ensure that all calls are recorded in such a way as to facilitate swift resolution.
• To manage major incidents, including sending P1 SMS, notifying senior business & IT stakeholders,
• To be fully conversant with the range of Yodel facilities and services available to users in order to provide optimal service and reduce dependence upon other IT staff.
• Ensuring all Component Service Levels are adhered (e.g. service hours start time) to and any exceptions managed.
Desired Experience & Skills Required:
• Ability to learn technical skills quickly
• Experience of using Monitoring Tools such as Solarwinds, Nagios, HP Openview, Tivoli etc
• Experience of technical infrastructure e.g. Active Directory, Windows Server , Citrix
• Experience in a service desk environment
• Experience using the ITIL Framework.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Knowledge of PC Hardware & IT systems such as MS Windows, MS Outlook etc
• Ability to deal confidently and in a professional manner to difficult or irate users.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to deliver services that are customer focused
• Experience of working in a mixed insourced/outsourced environment
• Experience of Applications Maintenance
• Knowledge of Networking technologies (LAN & WAN), VMWare, Netapps, Database (SQL, Oracle & Informix) and UNIX Domains
• Knowledge of Service Desk Software
• Ability to adapt to change.
• Experience of developing good, accurate documentation that can be shared with colleagues
• Being a team player with the ability to work under own initiative
If you are ambitious, open-minded, thrive on challenges and enjoy working together as part of a team, we want you to be part of the Yodel story.