About the Job
Logistics Shift Manager
- Business Area
- Support Functions
- Operations Management
- EN3 Waltham Cross
- Hours Per Week
- Employment Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Salary (£)
- Pay Period
Logistics Shift Manager
Competitive Salary + Excellent Pension & Online Retail Discounts
TUESDAY TO SATURDAY: 14:00-23:00
Yodel is looking to recruit a Logistics Shift Manager in its WALTHAM CROSS depot. We are looking for an individual who has previously worked within the logistics environment, or similar industry as a shift manager. You will need to demonstrate a passion for delivering an exceptional service to our clients and customers, and will possess the attributes required to work in a progressive, transformational environment where cutting edge technology will help you to assess your csat and net promoter scores.
You will be required to provide management support to the senior management within the Depot. As a Logistics Shift Manager at Yodel, you will have with responsibility for a team of administrators, warehouse staff, drivers and third party suppliers. You will constantly be looking at how we can enhance our performance, increase profitability, ensuring full compliance to business processes whilst upholding excellent levels of customer service.
Main Activities and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring effective leadership in the daily planning and performance of the depot.
- Achieving agreed service levels, cost targets and procedural compliance
- Assisting with the management of dispatch, pickup and delivery of parcels
- Resolution of local HR, Management and Union issues
- Responsibility for ensuring security, fire, health and safety and environment audits are passed
- Assist with the provision of delivery projections (parcel & catalogue) and parcel volumes
- Develop action plans, implement and rectify shortfalls in performance as required
- Work towards the delivery of a strong P & L
Other features of the job:
- Flexibility is required in relation to hours of work and shift patterns, recognising the requirements of a 6 day working week
- You must be flexible in terms of travel in order to and support other Yodel locations should this be necessary
If you are ambitious, customer focused, thrive on challenges, able to deliver exceptional results and enjoy working as part of a team, we want you to be part of the Yodel story.
To search for and apply for opportunities in your area, please click on the apply button.