About the Job
Transport Team - Supervisor - Shaw - Weekend / Part Time
- Business Area
- Sort and Transport
- Transport Shaw
- OL2 Shaw
- Hours Per Week
- Employment Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Salary (£)
- Pay Period
Weekend Team Supervisor's – Transport Team – Yodel – Shaw (Oldham & Manchester Area)
Looking for a part time Supervisory role that could lead on to a successful career in the Transport / Distribution Sector?
Yodel handle 155 million+ parcels a year and 1
million+ delivered on a peak day! We have 1,200 Trailers in our fleet
used for bulk trunking to/from our Sort centres at heart of which are our
About The role
We’re currently looking for a Team Supervisor to join our friendly Transport Team in Shaw. In this role you’re pivotal in managing the day to day interactions in our Transport Admin Office. You’ll be managing the admin processes, drivers schedules and vehicle management to ensure we are compliant with driving legislations and we’re getting our trailers out on time.
What you’ll be doing:
Reporting into the Shift Manager, you’ll be helping Shaw’s Transport team to ensure delivery schedules are achieved. You’ll be managing several key tasks including:
- Administrative support, making sure drivers hours and absence are tracked and cover is in place.
- Ensuring compliance of the scheduling system.
- Managing the communication with the drivers to ensure they have the information they need to get out on time.
- Continuous delivery of operational and customer service key performance indicators.
You’ll already have gained experience in a similar role in the Transport sector and ideally have worked in a fast-paced office environment.
We’d like to hear from you if this sounds like you:
- It goes without saying you’ll be organised, have excellent attention to detail and able to manage your workload as well as multitask.
- Good working knowledge working with IT Systems and confident working with Excel.
- A confident communicator and team player, happy working alongside our drivers and Managers alike.
- Understanding of driving legislation including operators licensing and WTD
- CPC (desirable but not essential)
What we hope you do now….
At Yodel we’re keen to delivering amazing careers as well as parcels, we’d love you to apply so we can speak to you more about this great opportunity.