About the Job
- Business Area
- Support Functions
- IT Development
- L3 Liverpool
- Hours Per Week
- Employment Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Salary (£)
- Pay Period
Albert Dock, Liverpool
Here at Yodel we deliver more than just parcels we deliver a great experience when it comes to your career too! We are looking to hire a number of experienced Java Developers on a permanent basis to work as part of award winning team in Liverpool. As a Java Developer You will be involved in the development, support, maintenance and continual improvement of our core IT systems. This position covers everything from the development of back-end services to modern front-end websites, as well as automated testing, build pipelines and automated deployment.
We’re a big believer in rewarding our employees for all the amazing work they do. As well as a competitive remuneration package and genuine career development we offer private medical insurance, discounted city centre car parking and a generous double contribution pension scheme. And it doesn’t stop there working in our stunning offices in the Albert Dock you can enjoy up to 25% discount off the various food & drink outlets. Other great benefits on offer include discounted hotel stays, gym memberships and Virginmedia discounts. If you need to travel for work, car allowance. And if like us you enjoy online shopping up to 25% discount off very.co.uk. Could you ask for much more?
Java Developer role and responsibilities:
- Delivery of new functionality/systems and maintenance of existing systems from design through to implementation and post implementation support.
- Following agile development practices, including daily scrum, planning and retros.
- Contributing to the overall design of our systems
- Delivery of quality code to defined standards
- Test Driven Development
- Providing coaching and mentoring to less experienced developers
- Working collaboratively across IT and Business functions to deliver solution or resolve underlying production system issues.
- Provision of Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management
- Java Frameworks Particularly Spring Boot
- Good understanding of Java Script specifically React.js Framework or Node.js
- Agile Working Practices
- Test Driven Development
- Databases, SQL and No-SQL document stores, specifically Mongo
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Excellent incident and problem management skills
This is a fantastic opportunity and technical working environment giving you exposure to the latest Java based application technologies. In return you will enjoy some amazing benefits and be part of an award winning team. Are you up for the challenge?