About the Job
- Business Area
- Support Functions
- IT Development
- L3 Liverpool
- Hours Per Week
- Employment Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Salary (£)
- Pay Period
As an experienced Java Developer you will be involved in the development, support, maintenance and continual improvement of our core IT systems. This position covers everything from the development of back-end services to modern front-end websites, as well as automated testing, build pipelines and automated deployment.
Java Developer role and responsibilities:
- Delivery of new functionality/systems and maintenance of existing systems from design through to implementation and post implementation support.
- Following agile development practices, including daily scrum, planning and retros.
- Contributing to the overall design of our systems
- Delivery of quality code to defined standards
- Test Driven Development
- Providing coaching and mentoring to less experienced developers
- Working collaboratively across IT and Business functions to deliver solution or resolve underlying production system issues.
- Provision of Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management
Java Developer skills and experience:
Significant commercial experience in the below areas:
- Frontend development (e.g. Angular, ReactJS or similar)
- Message queuing systems and/or Streams, preferably Kafka
- Build automation using tools such as Jenkins
- Automated testing
- Databases, SQL and No-SQL document stores, preferably Mongo
- Java Frameworks, particularly Spring Boot.
- Basic Linux knowledge