Wednesbury - Logistics Control Room - Operator
- Business Area
- Sort and Transport
- Wednesbury Sortation
- WS10 Wednesbury
- Hours Per Week
- Employment Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Salary (£)
- Pay Period
Logistics Control Room Operator (C3)
Full Time - Permanent
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday - 18:30 – 03:00
At the heart of Yodel delivery business we have 3 National Sort and Transport Hubs based in Hatfield, Wednesbury and Shaw receiving parcels from our high profile clients, sorting these and ensuring safe delivery to one of our 45+ National Service Centres.
Yodel handle 155 million+ parcels a year and 1 million+ delivered on a peak day and 1,200 Trailers in our fleet used for bulk trunking to/from our Sort centres. At the heart of our Sort Hub is our Control Room, we're looking for an experienced Control Room Operator like you to join us to support us to ensure all inbound and outbound traffic around the sort keeps moving!
About the role:
Your day to day Control Room operations will include ensuring agreed service levels are maintained and the site runs in a cost effective manner supporting the strategic direction of the wider business.
You'll also work with the Transport and Sort Centre team on a daily basis to give updates on activities that could hinder the operation or proactively stop issues arising.
In this role you'll be responsible for:
• Overseeing the effective execution of all planned inbound and outbound activity for the sort within agreed service levels
• Utilising the Yard Management systems and processes to ensure efficiency of all trailer movements on site
• Work closely in partnership with Transport & Sort teams, to achieve and exceed targets
• Coordinate Shunt movements ensuring they are assigned to Shunters in a timely manner
• Provide required reporting to the business as and when required
• Monitor sort machinery and report issues as appropriate to what are internally known as "Parcel Busters" Sorter's with responsibilities for keeping the parcel traffic on conveyors moving and/or engineering
• Communicate operational issues in a timely and accurate manner to ensure appropriate management action is taken
• Respond effectively to changes in Transport & Sort activities during peak periods and special events.
• Ensure we are adhering to Health and Safety standards set for the site
Ideally you'll have worked in fast-paced Parcel/Distribution/Logistics Control Room before and therefore have excellent operational knowledge of sort operations and yard management systems.
You'll also be an excellent communicator and very comfortable working with computer packages and internal IT systems.
We'd love to hear from you if this sounds like the role you have been looking for!