About the Job
General Manager (Logistics) - Hertfordshire
- Business Area
- Sort and Transport
- AL10 Hatfield
- Hours Per Week
- Employment Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Salary (£)
- Pay Period
Are you who we're looking for?
Yodel are offering an unique logistics leadership role perfect for an experienced General Manager or Head of Logistics Operations of a large Retail or Logistics business. Does this sound like you?
What everyone wants to know:
£80,000 - negotiable based on experience, £8,0000 car allowance, medical care for you and your family and more!
This opportunity is unique as if successful, you’ll be responsible for the Hatfield Sort Centre, one of three national centres and home to Yodel’s HQ. You’ll report directly into the Director of Sort & Transport and responsible for circa 500 staff in a high profile role in our Operation.
At the heart of Yodel delivery business, we have 3 National Sort and Transport Hubs based in Hatfield, Wednesbury and Shaw receiving around 145 million parcels a year on behalf of around 1000 clients. Yodel has a relationship with 85% of the UK’s top 250 retailers and we’re B2B and B2C service provider covering every postcode in the UK. We have approximately 11% of the UK B2C parcels market and annual revenues of £425 million. Our USP is that we offer our clients the opportunity to gain competitor advantage by providing an insight driven customer centric delivery solution.
Did you know that the parcel sector was worth over £10 billion in the UK in 2017 and growing at 5% p.a. with online sales expected to grow by 35% between 2017 and 2022 – the parcel delivery sector is one you really should to consider being a part of if you haven’t before!
About The role:
As the General Manager of our Hatfield Hub you’ll be responsible for the full operation of the entire site, encompassing both Sort Operations and Transport. You’ll engage, lead and motivate a team so that your site is operationally successful and Service Levels are maintained. You’ll ultimately be responsible for the financial success of the site and just as importantly the safe working practices and progressive employment relations through the leadership of your people.
What you’ll be doing:
A high profile leadership role, you’ll have a number of diverse but key accountabilities including:
- Reviewing costs, service levels and labour management on the site and putting together an agenda to drive all these areas forward successfully.
- Use your knowledge and experience of managing large teams, design and deliver best in class engagement strategies to make your site one of the best places to work in the company and in the local area, enhancing the employer brand.
- Lead your team through changes that are underway or planned, help them to understand and adopt the businesses goals to improve company performance and increase market share.
- Be a fresh pair of eyes in the business, identify improved ways of working in the operation and seek to add value to the Sort and Transport business.
- Not be afraid to lead from the front, you’ll develop and foster fantastic working partnerships across your site and the wider business. You’ll be people focussed and able to develop your teams as well as foster great partnerships with the Trade Union, other General Managers and other key stakeholders.
We’re offering an opportunity to really add value, your voice will be important to us and we’ll listen and support you to achieve success!
We’d like to hear from you, if you’re an experienced Senior Operations /
General Manager with an established successful career gained in the Logistics,
Supply Chain or Retail sector. You’ll be passionate about what you do and:
We’d like to hear from you, if you’re an experienced Senior Operations / General Manager with an established successful career gained in the Logistics, Supply Chain or Retail sector.
You’ll be passionate about what you do and:
What we hope you do now….
At Yodel we’re focussed on delivering amazing careers as well as parcels, we’d love you to apply so we can speak to you more about this great opportunity.