About the Job
Senior Network Engineer
- Business Area
- Support Functions
- IT Service and Operations
- L3 Liverpool
- Hours Per Week
- Employment Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Salary (£)
- Pay Period
Senior Network Engineer
Albert Dock, Liverpool
Excellent Salary Package + Company Pension Scheme, Private Medical Insurance + Enhanced Benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen for experienced Network Engineers looking to progress their career with Yodel. We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer to maintain current IT Infrastructure and contribute to the development of the existing network.
We’re a big believer in rewarding our employees for all the amazing work they do. As well as a competitive remuneration package and genuine career development we offer private medical insurance, discounted city centre car parking and a generous double contribution pension scheme. And it doesn’t stop there working in our stunning offices in the Albert Dock you can enjoy up to 25% discount off the various food & drink outlets. Other great benefits on offer include discounted hotel stays, gym memberships and Virginmedia discounts. If you need to travel for work, car allowance. And if like us you enjoy online shopping up to 25% discount off very.co.uk. Could you ask for much more?
Main Responsibilities & Activities:
- To maintain current IT Network infrastructure
- Contribute to the development of the existing network & improving existing setup
- Working with stakeholders to ensure resolution of incidents
- Ensure an excellent service is provided & the customer is always put first
- Working with project teams to help design and implement IT projects.
- Mentoring and supporting junior members within the team.
- Pro-active Monitoring of network to identify issues before they cause incidents
- Fault resolution of all faults and the ability to escalate to network manager and use 3rd party resource.
- Configuration change of networking equipment working alongside the change processes
- Installation of networking equipment at all Yodel sites across the UK
- Ensuring backups of all networking equipment
- Operate on-call for 24/7 support outside of normal working hours
The ideal Candidate for the role will Possess:
- Technical Knowledge of WAN, LAN, WLAN, VoIP / PSTN connectivity, Perimeter security, Remote Access, Load balancing, Datacentre & Cisco
- The ability to take a structured approach to own work and demonstrates leadership potential.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients, customers & stakeholders.
- A disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving.
- The Ability to produce adequate report documentation and ensure this is maintained
- The Ability to provide advice, guidance and assistance to colleagues as required
- The Ability to conduct meetings with clients, users and development staff during system investigations and throughout subsequent development work
If you are ambitious, open-minded, thrive on challenges and enjoy working together as part of a team, we want you to be part of the Yodel story.